Tag Archives: Fort Lewis History

Fort Lewis History

“Col. Charles Lewis, younger brother of Gen. Andrew Lewis, acquired 950 acres of land on the Cowpasture River in June 1750. Nearby, Fort Lewis, a small stockade, initially under the command of then Capt. Charles Lewis, was constructed by 1756 … Continue reading

Posted in News | Tagged , , | 1 Comment